JULY 13 – SHORT CORNERS: INTERNATIONAL SOCCER NEW NOTES AND RUMORS

JULY 13 – SHORT CORNERS: INTERNATIONAL SOCCER NEW NOTES AND RUMORS

UNITED IN FOR BALOTELLI?

The Agent for Italian striker Mario Balotelli has confirmed that red sides of Manchester is interested in the 19-year-old’s services.

Inter Milan still has the player under wraps for three more seasons but for the proposed $50million price tag, the club could be persuaded to let him go, according to the players agent Mino Raiola who is heading to England to begin negotiations.

“The interest of Manchester for Balotelli is concrete and both clubs have confirmed it,” Raiola told Calcio Mercato. “The player is clearly happy to be followed by [Manchester United coach Sir Alex] Ferguson.”

The petulant striker clashed with then Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho, but new manager Rafael Benitez wants to meet and evaluate the player before letting him go.

“I want to speak to him and get to know him better as a person.” Benitez said. “All the quality players are important to me. But I need to see him, get to know him and see how he works.”

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti thinks that Manchester United would be an ideal fit for the Italian sensation.

“They are a team with great tradition, which helps that type of player,” he told Sky Sport24. “Here, the environment is different and I think a player with his character could find it better than in Italy. It’s difficult to find a player so young with his quality, and England has a lack of players at that level.”

Ancelotti mentioned he would be happy to coach a player like Balotelli.

BAYERN WON’T BREAK THE BANK FOR LEFT BACK

Chief executive officer Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says that Bayern Munich will not sign Fabio Coentrao or Michel Bastos this summer, even though the team is in need of a left back.

Benfica star Coentrao had his stock rise too high for the German superclub after a double winning season at Benfica and a standout World Cup for Portugal.

“Coentrao is a fantastic player, but we are miles apart in our valuation,” Rummenigge told Bild.

“Their demands are insane, so there will be no deal. Michel Bastos is not an option either. He joined Lyon for €18 million last year. I have spoken to Louis van Gaal. We are going to keep looking for the right player. If we do not find the right player, Louis has no trouble playing Diego Contento at the start of the new season.”

PALERMO LOOKING FOR LUCAS

Palermo sporting director Walter Sabatini has revealed his club have made an offer for Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva.

Sabatini has now confirmed the rumors the Leiva has been set aside for sale by the Anfield side, but indicated the bid is far lower than has been suggested.

“We have made an initial offer to the English club,” he told TGS Sport. “However, I can deny claims that we have offered £5 million as reported by some media. We have offered much less than that.”

Brazil international Lucas joined Liverpool from Gremio in 2007.

REMY HOPES FOR WEST HAM SWITCH

Nice striker Loic Remy wants a move to West Ham United and says he wants the move to happen as soon as possible so as to fulfill a dream of playing in the Premier League.

“I would like it to be sorted quickly,” Remy told L’Equipe. “I’ve always loved the English league. I’ve always dreamed of playing in England.

“When a club like West Ham is on the cards, it’s always interesting. But nothing has been done, the clubs need to find an agreement and Nice are asking for a lot of money.”

Remy, who scored 15 goals in 33 games last season for Nice, is a hot property around Europe, and is even being called the new Thierry Henry, however the Hammers look like the likely destination for the 23-year-old.

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan is reportedly in France negotiating the contract details.

Reports suggest West Ham have agreed to pay the $17 million price tag but are hoping the deal can be done in installments over four years, but Nice are looking for around $11million upfront and the rest next year.

The France international has Lyon waiting in the wings if West Ham fall through. The striker ten years there in the youth and professional ranks, but Remy admitted that a return home would be counter productive for his career.

“That is no longer my main aim”

CELTIC SELL POLISH KEEP TO FIORENTINA

Poland goalkeeper Artur Boruc is set to leave Celtic after having been sold to Serie A side Fiorentina.

Artur Boruc made over 200 appearances in 5 seasons in Glasgow.

“FC Fiorentina announces that it has reached agreement with Glasgow Celtic for the acquisition of Artur Boruc.” The clubs official site read. “The negotiations will be completed after the results of the medical.”

Celtic pushed for the sale as the 30-year-old had one year left on his deal and the Hoops feared losing him for free next season.

The sale leaves Boruc’s country mate Lukasz Zaluska as Celtic’s first-choice goalkeeper.

BULLARD TO STAY AT HULL CITY

Jimmy Bullard’s long rumored loan move to Celtic has fallen through after a deal could not be finalized with regarding the Hull City forwards wages.

“Jimmy wanted an incentive to go up to Celtic and that’s his prerogative,” said Hull City’s head of football operations Adam Pearson on BBC Radio Humberside. “But that incentive was too heavy for Celtic and I can understand that as the wages are heavy anyway.”

Hull wanted to clear those high wages off the payroll after being relegated from the Premier League last season, but the Tigers striker wanted more in wages from Celtic than he currently earns, but the club were willing only to pay a portion of the Englishman’s present salary.

“We have just got to get on with it,” said Pearson “He missed a few days last week with being up in Scotland, so we have got to get him up to speed and he will form part of our squad for the pre-season friendlies.”

Celtic will also be disappointed as they had recently had a similar loan deal for Robbie Keane rejected by Tottenham Hotspur leaving them without a key presence upfront.

READ… YESTERDAY’S SHORT CORNERS

READ… FRIDAY’S SHORT CORNERS

READ… DESIGNATED PLAYER WATCH

READ… SUMMER FRIENDLY NEWS

READ… SUMMER FRIENDLY CALENDAR

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Responses to “JULY 13 – SHORT CORNERS: INTERNATIONAL SOCCER NEW NOTES AND RUMORS”

  1. WestHam.Net | West Ham FC News, Forum & Community | In Development Says:

    […] JULY 13 – SHORT CORNERS: INTERNATIONAL SOCCER NEW NOTES AND RUMORS …The France international has Lyon waiting in the wings if West Ham fall through. The striker ten years there in the youth and professional ranks, but Remy admitted that a return home would be counter productive for his career. … […]

  2. JULY 16 – SHORT CORNERS: INTERNATIONAL SOCCER NEWS NOTES AND RUMORS « GOODMAN BROWNE ON THE PITCH Says:

    […] READ… TUESDAY’S SHORT CORNERS […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: